Top 10 Social Media Statistics 2017
As social media is constantly changing and evolving, it's important to stay relevant in the right/suitable channels for your audience. In order to maximise your social media marketing efforts, the first question you need to answer is: "Where's your audience at?". So here is a brief insight of which channels are on the rise and don't forget to contact Just Ad Sugar Marketing Agency in Marbella for all of your marketing needs - from digital to print. Have a sweet weekend.
1. Online adults aged 18-34 are most likely follow a brand via social networking (95%). 2. Visual content is more than 40 times more likely to get shared on social media than other types of content.
3. 75% of male internet users are on Facebook as well as 83% of female internet users.
4. Female internet users are more likely to use Instagram than men, at 38% vs. 26%.
5. Most Instagram users are between 18-29 years old, about six-in-ten online adults.
6. If your target market is women between the age of 18 – 45, Pinterest is your best friend.
7. Pinterest is five times better at driving in-store sales than any other social platform. 87% of pinners have purchased a product because of Pinterest.
8. Influencer Marketing earned the second-highest ROI measurement (6.77) among all measured marketing tactics in 2016. In 2017, the budgets allocated for influencer marketing were set to double, and in 2018 they look to increase even further.
9. Instagram is on the rise. Top brands on Instagram are seeing a per-follower engagement rate of 4.21% which is 58 times higher than on Facebook and 120 times higher than on Twitter.
10. Facebook continues to be the most widely used social media platform, with 79% of American internet users. Instagram receives the silver medal with 32% of users, Pinterest coming in a close third with 31%, and LinkedIn and Twitter at 29% and 24% respectively.